User fonts not recognised on OS X

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: User fonts not recognised on OS X
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:30:14 +1200

While experimenting with fancy fonts for headings and initials, I found that
Lilypond (2.14.1) was not aware of the fonts in my user library (Mac OS X
10.6.8).  It seems to be a simple omission from fonts.conf, which has entries
for the shared library fonts (<dir>/Library/Fonts</dir>) and the system fonts
(<dir>/System/Library/Fonts</dir>) but not the user fonts
(<dir>~/Library/Fonts</dir>).

I added that entry, and things now work as expected, but presumably I should
expect retribution at some future point for ignoring the warning 'DO NOT EDIT
THIS FILE'.

Best wishes,
Matthew