aleatoric squiggles

From: James Harkins
Subject: aleatoric squiggles
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:06:36 +0800

Google let me down on this one -- I'm looking for some advice on notating
aleatoric materials. The piece is for the Chinese instrument sheng and live
electronics (computer running SuperCollider). Many of the computer materials
will start at a specific point in the score, but the exact notes and rhythms
will be different from performance to performance.

This is close, but seems a little messy. Any ways to clean it up? Also, I think
it won't work if I want to quote a portion including the glissando line as cue
notes within another staff (\cueDuring). Would be really nice to have a
solution that could be cued.

\version "2.14.1"

\score {
  \new Staff \with {
    \override Glissando #'style = #'trill
  } {
    <<
      \new Voice {
        \voiceOne \stemNeutral
        b'2\rest d''8 [ a' d'' e'' ]
        \glissando s2..
        \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
        \once \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
        e''8
      }
      \new Voice {
        \voiceTwo \stemNeutral
        s1
        s2.. b'8\rest

Also, I'd really like to have an arrowhead at the end of the glissando. I can
find the arrow "sub property" of the line spanner interface, but I'm not clever
enough to figure out how to use it without an example.

Thanks,
James

PS (Yes, I'm aware of relative mode for pitch entry... it just didn't seem
worth it to me for this example.)

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden