Re: SustainPedal: to-barline setting?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: SustainPedal: to-barline setting?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:23:23 -0400

Hi Phil (and Xavier),

> This is issue http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1128

Would be nice for this to be fixed — I can offer C$25 bounty on a fix.

> I now work round it with an extra voice with mainly spacer rests, but adjust
> the size of the spacers when I need pedal-on/pedal-off.

Although the extra voice might help readability, of course this can be done in
the same voice:

\version "2.14.0"

\relative c, {
  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
  \clef bass
  \override Staff.PianoPedalBracket #'shorten-pair = #'(0.0 . 2.0)
  c1\sustainOn
  s4*0\sustainOff c1\sustainOn
  c1\sustainOff

Kieren.