Convert-ly and related files

From: K. Kellogg-Smith
Subject: Convert-ly and related files
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:18:56 -0400

I’m using convert-ly with old (‘legacy’) .ly files to learn more about LY programming. I have questions about the inter-relationships between convert-ly, convertrules, and the source(s) of the code substitutions I’m finding in converted .ly source code. While this is an excellent and educational user forum, it doesn’t look to me like it’s the appropriate one for answers to my convert-ly questions. For example, is there a list of obsolete LY codes and commands and the last version after which those codes and commands were no longer supported (for example, the articulation pairs “cr, rc” and “decr, rced”)? I’ve looked into the change logs of fixes, but that’s a very tedious exercise. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken