Re: chord names with lowered bass

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: chord names with lowered bass
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:22:00 +0200

David Raleigh Arnold <address@hidden> writes:

> ... that is all the more reason to use C/e
> for the slash bass, and reserve C/E for the rare polychord.

As a (former?) jazz- and bigband guitarist I strongly object.

Also, there are some score interpretations that use lowercase letters to
denote minor chords, which would make interpreting C/e even more
dubious.

No doubt, LilyPond will get a setting to customize this, but
nevertheless I think it is not a good idea to change the
well-established meaning the slash.

-- Johan