controlling hyphen visibility after line break

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: controlling hyphen visibility after line break
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:23:01 +0200

Dear LilyPonders,

by default LilyPond hides the hyphen after a line break.
Is it possible to make it always visible?

There is a regtest file to check this behavior: lyric-hyphen-break.ly.
I'm using it as a test file.

Hyphens are spanners, right?
In the doc I found this hint:

"The visibility of spanners which end on the first note following a line
break is controlled by the after-line-breaking callback
ly:spanner::kill-zero-spanned-time.

For objects such as glissandos and hairpins, the default behaviour is to
hide the spanner after a break; disabling the callback will allow the
left-broken span to be shown. "

Source:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/snippets/expressive-marks#controlling-spanner-visibility-after-a-line-break

I played with \override LyricHyphen #'after-line-breaking (see file
attached), but nothing changed in the output.

Actually, I'm not directly interested in this issue.  I'm just trying to
help Luca (reviewer of Italian documentation), who asked a couple of
times about this and never got a reply:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-02/msg00330.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-04/msg00470.html

Thanks in advance for your help,