Re: Editors? Emacs bindings for Frescobaldi?

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Editors? Emacs bindings for Frescobaldi?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:33:48 +1000

>>>>> "James" == James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

James> At Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:51:54 -0400, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
>> What OS are you using?
>>
>> I use Evince under Ubuntu/GNOME to view PDF files, and it
>> automatically notes when the file has changed.  When I recompile in
>> Emacs, Evince refreshes the view momentarily afterward.  Evince or
>> one of the other Open Source PDF viewers may be of some help for
>> you.

James> Ah... OK, I hadn't tried changing the file and
James> re-rendering. Indeed, that works well (Ubuntu 10.04
James> here)... except, I have to open the PDF externally. If I use
James> C-c C-s within Emacs, it's a "compilation" process and doing
James> C-c C-l will ask if I want to kill the old one (from C-c
James> C-s). If I say no, it won't re-render. If I say yes, it closes
James> the window.

I just do C-c C-c and then View --- xpdf then runs in the background.
C-c C-c again reruns lilypond, hit R in the Xpdf window and it
refreshes.  Done!

Peter C

--
Dr Peter Chubb   http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au    peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au