Re: Sub-music

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Sub-music
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:27:26 +0200

Am Sonntag, 19. Juni 2011, 16:17:26 schrieb Johan Vromans:
> Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:
> > The solution really depends on what you want to do with it.
>
> For a piece of music, I want to generate score and midi.
>
> The midi needs to be fold out w.r.t. repeats (unfoldRepeats can do that)
> but there are also Segno / D.S. and D.C. sections.

Ah, okay. The main problem here is lilypond does not have any native support
for D.C./D.S./Fine structures...

> Fold out, the piece becomes the following measures:
>
> 1, 2…36, 37, 22…36, 38, 2…20, 39…89
>
> The current approach that I have works, but is rather tedious:

I would recommend to use \unfoldRepeats for unfolding all \repeat structures
(also correctly expands tremolo repeats!) and use \extractMusic only for D.C.
and D.S. That saves you several \extractMusic calls.

Chers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886