Re: trying to add a new \language

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: trying to add a new \language
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

R. Mattes wrote:

> Sorry, but since I left my telepathic helmet at home there's no way for
> me to know how myLanguage is supposed to look. That would be _your_ job to
> fill in.

yes, i'm trying to do so - and as i said it's working when i add it in the
note-names definitions file!

>> and adding a
>> closing bracket ")" - i tried in several places - i get errors:
>
> Obviously the wrong place. Add it at the end ...

now it compiles! also adding \language "myLanguage" does not produce any
errors.

but adding {ceses} gives the next error:

Using `myLanguage' note names...
test2.ly:9:2: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

  ceses

what's wrong here? the full code is:

  \version "2.15"
  #(set! language-pitch-names
    (cons `(myLanguage
             ((ceses . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 DOUBLE-FLAT))))
           language-pitch-names))
  \language myLanguage
  mus = {  ceses }

> ??? Didn't you write:
>
>> for some experiments i want to add a new language - let's call it
>> myLanguage.
>
> What's your question? How to program in Scheme?

not if i don't have to - the main question was how to add such definitions
in a different file.

i am trying to find a better way to add fingerings to voices and for this it
would be nice to get the notes consisting of only one letter and special
characters like flats ♭ and sharps ♯. this could be implemented in
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=768

thanks for your help up to now!
Eluze