Re: Consistent bar number positioning

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Consistent bar number positioning
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:09:17 +0200

2011/6/10 Nicholas Moe <address@hidden>:
> I am writing a piece which requires lyrics above and below the staff.
> I would like to have regular measure numbers right above the bar-line
> (i.e. always approx. 0.75 staff lines above the staff). Ideally I
> would like to make the lyrics invisible to the bar numbers.
>
> I have been unable to find a way to consistently do this throughout
> the piece. Even doing an #'extra-offset tweak doesn't work, because
> the starting point is not always the same, and in the actual piece of
> music, the starting point is higher or lower on each system depending
> on how the notes are in that system.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Is there a way to make the
> lyrics invisible to the bar numbers? I have an example set up below.

Interesting. I thought that changing outside-staff-priority like here

\version "2.13.61"
<<
  \new Lyrics = mlasklyrics
  \new Voice = blahvoice {
    \override Score.BarNumber #'Y-offset = #2
    \override Score.BarNumber #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
    \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)
    \repeat unfold 10 { a'2 c'' a'' d'' }
  }
  \context Lyrics = mlasklyrics \lyricsto blahvoice { \repeat unfold
20 { pom pam } }

should help, but it doesn't.
I don't have more ideas now...

Janek