Re: Complicated duration

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: Complicated duration
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:01:34 +0200

Hi !

You can put the length of the melism after the word : 1 + 2/3 = 5/3

so : bla8*5/3 (haven't tried !)

Another issue would be to use, INSIDE THE NOTES, \melisma and \mlelismaEnd (cf http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music.html#multiple-notes-to-one-syllable)

That works much better !

Cheers
JMarc

Christopher Culver a écrit :
I am typesetting a peace of music and trying to align the lyrics to the
melody. While this is generally simple, one climactic syllable lasts for
a whole note plus an eighth note plus the first note of the following
tuplet:

\times 2/3 { a8[ aes8 ges8] }

What is the Lilypond expression of the entire duration that I must write after
the lyric?