Re: Openoffice import?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Openoffice import?
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:15:59 +0200

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Topic-related:
> I have tried installing and using OooLilypond with LibreOffice on
> Fedora 15. Works perfectly.

I took a look at both the resulting PDF and the resulting odt file on
their webpage.  If you zoom the files, you'll see staircased graphics
and texts.

In short: again there is a conversion into bitmaps involved that
apparently makes the output resolution dependent.  As an intermediary
for pulling into a DTP, this is not good.

So currently I don't see a reasonably working and obvious (let alone
automatic) way for creating a full-quality DOC file from lilypond-book
(or just Lilypond) sources using free software.  Perhaps a lilypond-book
backend working in conjunction with latex2rtf or other contraptions
might be a good idea.

--
David Kastrup