Re: Write lyrics aligned to one voice, but display elsewhere

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Write lyrics aligned to one voice, but display elsewhere
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:54:34 +0200

Hello Nils,

since the corresponding melody is first in your staff order, you can have a
named voice in the highest staff and then create lyrics referring to it
elsewhere:
--snip--
\version "2.12.3"

mylyrics = \lyricmode { a b c d }

<<
\new Lyrics = "upper" { s4 }
\new Staff <<
\new Voice = "mel" { \voiceOne g' a ' b' c'' }
\new Voice { \voiceTwo e'8 f'4 g' a' }

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" \mylyrics
\context Lyrics = "upper"  \lyricsto "mel" \mylyrics
\new Staff <<
\new Voice { \voiceOne g'8 a'4 b' c'' }
\new Voice { \voiceTwo e'8 f'4 g' a' }

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" \mylyrics