Re: Polymetric music and page breaks

From: Andrea La Rose
Subject: Re: Polymetric music and page breaks
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 05:42:28 -0700 (PDT)

Urs, The staves aren't grouped because they all have independent time signatures. None of the bars line up until after 10 minutes of music has gone by. I tried manually entering invisible bar lines, but that had no effect. I attached the .ly file to my original post, but here's a screen shot: cheers, Andrea Sorry, just read this in the docs: "In scores with many staves, a |\bar| command in one staff is automatically applied to all staves. The resulting bar lines are connected between different staves of a |StaffGroup|, |PianoStaff|, or |GrandStaff|. " Doesn't this solve your problem (except for the fact that you'd have to manually enter these invisible bar lines)?