MIDI instrument ignored in 2.13.61 - bug?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: MIDI instrument ignored in 2.13.61 - bug?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:43:47 +0200

Hello,

if I set a MIDI instrument like this:

\context Staff = upper <<
        \set Staff.midiInstrument = "violin"
        \context Voice = "vupper" \uppervoice

the violin plays only the very first note, after that it’s only the default Grand Piano.

I didn’t find a bug report in the tracker WRT this.

The manual uses...
- #"violin"
- \new Staff
- \with {}
... but none of that makes a difference.

In some strange cases (I couldn’t reproduce it), I get the instrument of one staff for the next one.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm