Re: Strange interaction between \time and \grace

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Strange interaction between \time and \grace
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:42:23 +0200

On 23 May 2011 11:32,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Something strange seems to happen when I specify the time signature in
> several staves, then write a grace note just after. Two time
> signatures are printed, with the grace note between them.
>
> In the following snippet, if I don't specify the time signature in the
> Tenor staff, or if I suppress the Tenor staff, the result is correct:

Yes this is a known issue.
See NR 1.2.6 Special rhythmic concerns > Grace notes
Known issues and warnings

  Grace note synchronization can also lead to surprises. Staff notation,
  such as key signatures, bar lines, etc., are also synchronized.
  Take care when you mix staves with grace notes and staves without

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns.html#grace-notes

Cordialement,
Xavier

--