Re: harmonicByRatio usage... plus harmonicsOn and TabStaff

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: harmonicByRatio usage... plus harmonicsOn and TabStaff
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 21:33:20 +0200

> Hi Federico,
>
> it's in the snippets:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/snippets/fretted-strings#fretted_002dstring-harmonics-in-tablature

Ok, thanks!
BTW, I think that in that snippet some pitches are not correct.
I'll write to lilypond-bug.

> > Also, I've noticed that \harmonicsOn works only in Staff and not in
> > TabStaff.  There's a reason for this behavior or it's a bug?
> A bug, probably.

I'll send a bug report.

Now I understand how harmonicsBy... work.
I have a couple of questions (see file attached):

* \harmonic prints 19th fret instead of 7th and 24th fret instead of 5th
on TabStaff.  I don't think it's desirable, because it's more likely
that 5th and 7th frets will be used.  I wonder if \harmonicByFret was
introduced to solve this problem.

* as you can see in the example, when \harmonicByFret and
\harmonicByRatio are used, string numbers don't show up in Staff (they
do if \harmonic is used).

Cheers,
Federico