Re: Problems when adding chords

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Problems when adding chords
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:48:35 +0000 (UTC)

Fabian Binz <fabianbinz <at> yahoo.de> writes:

> whenever I try to add chords to my score, I
> get a GhostScript-related error message  when it tries to convert the ps file
> to pdf.

> I can safely reproduce that error with the
> following snippet from the manual:
> which comes from here:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-
chords#Displaying-chords

> I’m using Windows 7 and tried the
> above example with both the stable and the development version, every time
> getting the same error.

Fabian,
  This sounds like the problem described at
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1562>

Not much progress has been made so far, because it is not clear exactly how to
reproduce it.  There is some information at that link about how to avoid the
problem.  If you discover anything about the cause, you might share the
information with the bug-lilypond mailing list.