Re: align wobbly dynamics and text

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: align wobbly dynamics and text
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 11:13:39 +0200

On 14 May 2011 18:55, Marc Mouries <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like to have the dynamics and text aligned on the same line like
> in the score below.
>
> I tried using \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #2
> but that did not help to align the forte and pianissimo. The lilypond
> score looks really wobbly.
>
> FYI I just tried in MuseScore and got a nicer result out of the box.
> I'd love to get the same with lilypond.

Hi.

There is a snippet in  NR 1.3.1 Expressive marks attached to notes >
Dynamics  called "Vertically aligned dynamics and textscripts" that
does basically what you want.

  \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #2.0
  \override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-extent = #'(-1.5 . 1.5)
  \override TextScript #'Y-extent = #'(-1.5 . 1.5)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes.html#dynamics

Cheers,
Xavier

--