voice context on the fly and lyrics

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: voice context on the fly and lyrics
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:13:33 +0200

Hi,

 in the example below, I'm trying to create a Voice context on the fly
and add lyrics to it. It doesn't seem to do what I would expect.

The attached png shows my output (lilypond 2.13.43 on Linux).

My questions:

1. Why are the b and a eigth notes rendered simultaneously with the c
   on the downbeat of bar 2 and not succesively on the last beat of
   bar 1?

2. Why are the lyrics printed below the PianoStaff despite the
   "\accepts lyrics"?

I suspect the latter has to do with the nested << >> brackets, as
lyrics get printed between the staff lines if I do it without the
nested brackets. In the piece I'm writing it would make things much
clearer and easier, if I could create new contexts at different parts
of the piece on the fly and attach individual lyrics to each of them.

--
Orm

\version "2.13.43"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff \with { \accepts Lyrics }
  <<
    \new Staff = upper {
      \clef G
      \relative c'