Re: parenthesize groups of notes

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: parenthesize groups of notes
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 01:14:45 +0200

2011/5/7 Jerome Wolbert <address@hidden>:
> I am using lilypond 2.12.2
>
> I see how easy it is to parenthesize one note at a time using
> \parenthesize <note>
>
> I tried to parenthesize a whole group of notes by enclosing them in braces,
> as:
> \parenthesize { a b c }
> but no parentheses appear.
>
> Is it possible to create something like
> in lilypond?

It certainly is possible, but may not be as straightforward as we
would like it to be.
You can add parentheses indiviadually (as a markup) and move them to
appropriate places.
Just off the top of my head, i suppose that it might be useful to set
outside-staff-priority to ##f and play with markup aligning in order
to do this in a quite elegant way.

Hope this helps,
Janek