Re: [tablatures] Re: Could I get a critique on my first lilypond tab?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: [tablatures] Re: Could I get a critique on my first lilypond tab?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:44:08 +0200

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Patrick Horgan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have separately and previously contacted his management company to see
> what they think of me sharing the tab online along with the tabs of
> dozens of other songs of his out there, but I haven't heard anything
> back from them yet.  I'll be sure to let the group know.

There are dozens of websites out there that share tablatures for
copyrighted songs without ever being sued... But it's all about
liability: even if it was morally right (which I believe it is), the
GNU project that's hosting these public mailing lists can't afford to
take any risks, so Federico is welcome to remind us of potential legal
issues.

(As for lilynet.net mailing lists, which I'm the only one responsible
for, I am perfectly OK with letting people post tablatures or
possibly-copyrighted material; if it ever comes under scrutiny or if I
ever get any cease-and-desist notification, then we'll see.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Valentin.