Re: Override Stem #'length-fraction does not shorten stem of ledger note

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Override Stem #'length-fraction does not shorten stem of ledger notes
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 20:45:43 -0600

On 11-04-17 03:46 PM, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
Hi,

Not sure it is a bug but still cc: to bug-lilypond (see reason below).

Basically if a user could give me a clue how to disable the fact that
when a note is far from the staff, its stem goes to the middle line of
the staff, I would be grateful.  :)

%% (Bug report)
%%
%% Shortening  Stem #'length-fraction  does not shorten stems for notes
%% far from the middle of the staff (notes with ledger lines)
%%
%% I know this behaviour is intentional in the case of "normal" stems
%% but I find it quite odd when we want stems to be shorter (since
%% overriding  Stem #'length-fraction  would change actually nothing
%% for notes with ledger lines).
%%
%% At least it would be great to have a propertie that could be
%% overridden to disable this behaviour (if this override exists please
%% forgive me, I did not find it)
%%

\version "2.13.60"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \relative e {
      \override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep -4)
      e4 f g a
      b c d e
      f g a b
      c d e f
      g a b c
      d e f g

Xavier

Thanks for this, Xavier! Added as http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1623
Colin Campbell
Bug Squad
--
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance
of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who