Re: [tablatures] Re: dampened symbol in tablature when using fonts other

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [tablatures] Re: dampened symbol in tablature when using fonts other than Feta
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:21:59 +0200

Il giorno mar, 12/04/2011 alle 15.38 -0600, Carl Sorensen ha scritto:
> How about redefining \deadNote so it contains
>
> \once \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Feta"

Thanks.
However, I'm not sure if I know how to redefine existing commands.
The following code is not working, because it prints the normal notehead
(instead of the crosshead) in both Staff and Tabstaff.

... maybe I've overwritten the command instead of just adding the
override?

\version "2.13.58"

deadNote = {
  \once \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Feta"
}

music = \relative c' {
  % try any font in your system other than Feta
  \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Nimbus Sans L Bold"
  c4 d \deadNote dis e |
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff { \clef "G_8" \music }
    \new TabStaff { \clef "moderntab" \music }