Re: First page completed; tweaking questions

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: First page completed; tweaking questions
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:21:56 -0400

On Apr 10, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Ivan Kuznetsov wrote:

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > I have my first page of music notated with lilypond here:
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/address@hidden/5603253711/

> > CONCERNING the area's marked B1, B2, B3, and B4:
> >
> > Look at B1 for example.  The triplet bracket circled is
> > too short, I want all triplet brackets to take the "entire
> > duration", not just go to the last stem.
>
> \set tupletFullLength = ##t
> \set tupletFullLengthNote = ##t

Thanks; I have worked with this a bit, and
I have only been able to get this to work within the tuplet
bracket:

 \times 2/3 { \once \set tupletFullLength = ##t fs'4  d8  }

not for a entire voice.  Also, I just want to
adjust brackets, not _add_ a bracket to a triplet beam
when a bracket is not required (perhaps that was not clear).

There's a bracket-visibility property that you can play around with (ie \once \override Voice . TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##t)

> > Also, in the special case of B1, where I have two
> > voices each with a triplet, notationally only one
> > bracket is necessary.  Is there any way to make one
> > of the bracket's "invisible" (like an "s" rest)?
> >
> \once \override Voice . TupletBracket #'transparent = ##t

Great; this worked _except_ that it just removed the
bracket and _not_ the number in the center of the bracket.
I would like to remove both.

\once \override Voice . TupletNumber #'transparent = ##t

I will respond to the others soon.
Thank you very much to everyone for their assistance!

Every time someone suggests a property, you should try to find it in the notation reference (that's how I learned LilyPond).  By doing so, it'll give you better intuition as to how the program works and help you search for definitions of things that could be helpful.

Cheers,
Mike