Re: timing false in one staff only? [with picture]

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: timing false in one staff only? [with picture]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:11:13 +0100

Thanks David, that's given me some ideas

the example I gave is not the one i'm using - I'm typesetting some bars of
complex Xenakis and showing a pitch-collection below them. Having the Xenakis
in proportional notation, whilst often a good idea, does not work for the bars
in question.

I'm looking for something more like in the attachment, the bottom four staves
are not proportional but they are spaced without regard to the top two. My
workaround at the moment is not to have the staffgroup, use \break and draw
system delimiters by hand (as I did here with this excerpt from a Stravinsky
textbook)

Using the attached example I would also need a pianobrace for staves 1 and 2. I
might then need to attach a further pianostaff below staff 6 and have that 'in
sync' with staves 1 and 2 - and then some 'unsynced' staves below that etc

Damian

image/jpg