Re: New version of articulate available

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: New version of articulate available
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:54:39 +0100

Am 2011-03-18 um 11:47 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:17:47AM +0100, Marc Hohl wrote:
Just adding articulate.ly in ly/ and giving one example in the docs
is probably not what you expect ...

Why not?  That's certainly how I'd start going about this.  I
haven't looked at it, so I might notice some problem with that
approach when I see a patch.  Or other people might notice some
problem with the approach.  But that's definitely how to begin.

I wouldn’t make articulate default – I try it with every song I typeset and like the result not always.

E.g. chords get shortened, that sounds ugly, esp. with organ or the like. Or would I’ve to mark all chords tenuto? Of course I can \articulate only some voices - but therefore it must not be default.

Didn’t check: Does articulate handle fermatas/ritardandos?

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm