Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:46:01 -0600

On 3/16/11 4:16 PM, "Adam Good" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> Considering that fretboard diagrams can use (number-type .
> roman-lower) how can I get scheme to print Roman numerals in place of
> Arabic numbers in the following sequence?
>
> Thanks!!!!

A quick search of scm/fret-diagrams.scm for roman shows

 704                  (label-text
 705                    (cond
 706                      ((equal? number-type 'roman-lower)
 707                       (fancy-format #f "~(address@hidden)" base-fret))
 708                      ((equal? number-type 'roman-upper)
 709                       (fancy-format #f "address@hidden" base-fret))
 710                      ((equal? 'arabic number-type)
 711                       (fancy-format #f "~d" base-fret))
 712                      (else (fancy-format #f "~(address@hidden)"
base-fret))))

So if you want to use upper-case roman, you'd do

\markup { \score-sequence #(fancy-format #f "address@hidden" sequence-number) }

and if you want to use lower-case roman, you'd do

\markup { \score-sequence #(fancy-format #f "~(address@hidden)"
sequence-number) }

HTH,

Carl