Re: chorus echo to follow the tenor line

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: chorus echo to follow the tenor line
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:48:41 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bryant" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:30 PM
Subject: chorus echo to follow the tenor line

Sometimes the lyrics in a chorus of a hymn have to follow the tenor line notes rather than the melody. I've successfully managed to get the lyrics to follow
the alto line but I am stumped as to how to get an echo line to follow the
tenor or bass line notes. If I create an extra chorusecho and try to add it to verse three, I end up with lyrics outside the staff rather than inside. I can't find any examples in the manuals to help. Anyone have an example or suggestion?

Which version of LilyPond are you using?

--
Phil Holmes