RE: Short TextSpanner

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Short TextSpanner
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 16:24:23 +0000

Hello
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Peter Buhr address@hidden
Sent: 05 March 2011 13:47
To: address@hidden
Subject: Short TextSpanner

I want to have a TextSpanner that spans a single chord WITHOUT any spanner line
after the spanner text. In the example below, I want the 3 barre indications to
all line up vertically across the chords at the TextSpanner height. If the
spanner puts a line for the single chord, it forces the text above the previous
spanner. If I just use markup, I have to fuss with it to get the right vertical
height, and if I change something, I'd have to fuss with it again.
Effectively, I want to say something like:

        \override TextSpanner #'style = #'no-line

Suggestions?

---

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/writing-text#index-text-spanners_002c-formatting

See the two snippets, they might help.