No Lilypond output with XeLaTex

From: Albert Frantz
Subject: No Lilypond output with XeLaTex
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:26:06 +0100

Hello,

I'm getting a strange and persistent bug trying to integrate LilyPond with
XeLaTeX, namely no graphics (LilyPond) output in the final .pdf file.

I've been testing with many files, most recently a simplified variant of the
sample XeLaTeX file in the LilyPond documentation resources.

I'm using LilyPond 2.12.3 on OS X 10.6 with the latest TeX Live 2010. First I
run this command:

lilypond-book --output=sample lytex_sample.lytex

Then I use the typeset button in TeXShop 2.37, selecting XeLaTeX as the format
of choice. (If I choose LaTeX it compiles correctly, with LilyPond graphics;
however, I need XeLaTeX for my projects.)

Also, I tried compiling this and other documents on my Ubuntu 10.10 system, and
for some reason I get no graphics either with LaTeX or XeLaTex.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The test document lytex_sample.lytex is
below.

Kind regards,

Albert Frantz

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{ifxetex}
\ifxetex
%xetex specific stuff
\usepackage{xunicode,fontspec,xltxtra}
\setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Times New Roman}
\setsansfont{Arial}
\else
%This can be empty if you are not going to use pdftex
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{mathptmx}%Times
\usepackage{helvet}%Helvetica
\fi
%Here you can insert all packages that pdftex also understands
\usepackage[ngerman,finnish,english]{babel}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\title{A short document with LilyPond and xelatex}
\maketitle

In normal text you can easily use LilyPond commands, like this:

{%
\parindent 0pt
\ifx\preLilyPondExample \undefined
\else
  \expandafter\preLilyPondExample
\fi
\def\lilypondbook{}%
\input 9b/lily-6f81e3e3-systems.tex
\ifx\postLilyPondExample \undefined
\else
  \expandafter\postLilyPondExample
\fi
}

\noindent
and so on.

The fonts of snippets set with LilyPond will have to be set from
inside
of the snippet. For this you should read the AU on how to use
lilypond-book.

\end{document}

---
key-notes LLC