Re: Splitting polyphonic musing into single voices

From: Michal Kandulski
Subject: Re: Splitting polyphonic musing into single voices
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:08:29 +0100

Hello Michał, list,

2011/2/21 Michał Kandulski<address@hidden>:
I would like to be able to print first a staff with many voices to be played
with piano and then from the same source (perhaps with little alteration) many
staffs with separate voices to be sung. The important thing for the piano staff
is to look as a normal piano upper staff looks like (all simultaneous notes
should have common stems).

Please check
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Multiple-voices
to see if it help you combining and/or splitting parts.

Yes, automatic part combining is probably what you are looking for.
Unfortunately as of now it cannot combine more than 2 voices.

The section "Identical rhythms" is probably what I need and it seems not to limit the number of "voices".

Offtopic: Michał, you are from Poland, aren't you?

Jes of kors! :)

Cheers,
Michał