Re: engraving question - changing stem direction to avoid levitating slu

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: engraving question - changing stem direction to avoid levitating slur
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:17:57 -0500

Hi Janek,

   I looked through some scores and it does not seem to be out of
place as is, which was also my initial reaction. I did notice a few
instance were the slur  lines were engraved crossing through the stems
when they would have otherwise been too high. It is always also
possible to have the slur under the staff also. Anyway I would not
change it. unless you find a more excellent reason than that it looks
a little odd.

Shane