Re: Error in running Lilypond

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Error in running Lilypond
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 06:20:12 -0500

On 14/02/2011, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2011/2/14 Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden>:
>> On 13/02/2011, Michael Ellis <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Father Gordon Gilbert
>>> <address@hidden

>>> Is convert.ly present in /usr/local/bin?  The error is claiming
>>> otherwise.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mike
>>>
>> I did "which convert.ly" with no result, but "which convert" says
>> /usr/local/bin ... would that be the right answer?
>
> 'convert' alone is an image format conversion command from
> imagemagick, not a part of lilypond.  It's not 'convert.ly' but
> convert-ly.py, note the hyphen for ly and the dot-py for python
> filename extension.
>
> --
> Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
> www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com

Thank you -- so I did which for both, and with the .py nothing comes
up, and without, it shows /usr/local/bin.  So how do I get these
things working?  On this machine, I'll have quite a bit of upgrading,
from 2.5.x I believe.  Compiling works now, but convert-ly-ing doesn't
yet, even though I've got /usr/local/bin in the main path now.

Gordon+
--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert
Penetanguishene, ON