Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:36:45 -0000

Keith OHara wrote Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:19 AM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:30:03 +0100 Gerard McConnell wrote:
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Keith E OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

So I favor less aggressive tucking of noteheads under other noteheads and their attached accidentals, if that is an option. Other opinions?

I agree that in the examples you gave the accidentals look a lot better in
the 2.12 versions.

It is looking better now in 2.13.49.
This two-bar example contains several difficult music-engraving issues, especially if I include the enharmonic spellings and key cancellation from the original edition. I think the release candidate does a decent job.

Yes, although I dislike the excessive overlap of the ledger line and note with the bar line at the end of the first bar.
2.12 was better in that respect.

Trevor