Crescendo over repeated measures using percents

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Crescendo over repeated measures using percents
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:22:12 +1100

Howdy all,

Writing a crescendo requires notation on the beginning note and the
ending note of the crescendo. But that doesn't fit well with a crescendo
across repeated measures.

The piece I'm transcribing has a section with a repeated measure. No
problem:

    \repeat percent 4 { c8.-> c16-> c8. c16 c8. c16 c8. c16 }

That presents three measures containing the repeat percent symbol, just
as I need.

The trouble is, I also needs a crescendo from the beginning to the end
of those four measures. How can I get that result?

--
 \           “I am as agnostic about God as I am about fairies and the |
  `\           Flying Spaghetti Monster.” —Richard Dawkins, 2006-10-13 |