Re: spacing between staves

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: spacing between staves
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:42:02 +0100

On 7 February 2011 11:12, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> after reading the manual and the archives, I have to admit that I am
> probably too stupid for the new spacing system.
>
> I have the following song template and I want the staves to be further apart
> so they fill about 2/3 of the entire page.
>
> I fiddled around with ridiculously high values for padding, basic-distance
> and minimum-distance,
> but the staves don't move.
> Most probably, I overlooked something or misunderstood the manuals
> completely.
> Any hints would be highly apprechiated.
>
> [...]

You have only one staff here (in your system)!

I think what you want is to increase the space between _systems_.
Have a look at NR 4.1.4 Flexible vertical spacing \paper variables
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables.html

\paper {
  system-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 16)