Re: Lines per page

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Lines per page
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:44:09 +0100

On 6 February 2011 11:31, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a score adapted for harp trio. I want to put it on four pages to
> reduce the page turns. The slow part starting at last measure on page 2 is
> also convevient for page turn. On pages 1,2 and for Lilypond has put four
> lines on the page. But on page 3 there is a lot of space while the page 4 is
> very condensed. Why doesn't Lilypond equally put 4 lines on each page and
> how can I circumvent this?

Since you are using the dev version (2.13), you can use

\paper {
  systems-per-page = #4
}

to have always 4 systems per page.

Cheers,
Xavier

PS: BTW I compiled your  .ly  file with 2.13.47 and by default it
    produces 3 pages with 4 systems per page.
    I suppose you have added a manual  \pageBreak  somewhere...

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>