Re: [tablatures] Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [tablatures] Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:09:43 +0100

Am 03.02.2011 05:36, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
[...]
a) 1231xx or 1231x1
This is just Edim above up one fret, right?
This could be useful for higher chords:

f:dim     1231x1
fis:dim   2342x2
g:dim     3453x3
gis:dim   4564x4
a:dim     5675x5
bes:dim   6786x6
b:dim     7897x7

b) xx6464 or 4x6464
This fingering for the Fdim seems to be a very versatile fingering that I'd
expect to see used a lot.  I know that I'd personaly like it, because it's
relatively easy and consistent:

cis:dim   xx2020
d:dim     xx3131
ees:dim   xx4242
e:dim     xx5353
f:dim     xx6464

c) x89A9x (A = 10)
This one is also useful

a:dim   x0121x
bes:dim x1232x
b:dim   x2343x
c:dim   x3454x
cis:dim x4565x
d:dim   x5676x
ees:dim x6787x
e:dim  x7898x
f:dim  x89a9x

This gives lots of opportunities for the table below.

I tend to favor diagrams with low fret numbers and muted strings at either
the top or the bottom, rather than in the middle.
Hello Carl, hello guitarists out there ;-)

sorry for joining so late in this discussion - I think that the voicings b) and c)
are very useful and sound good, whereas these mentioned in a) are way too
complicated to use, and if you use the short form with the lowest four strings,
they do not sound convincing.

Since I mostly have to use a dim7, I am not sure which voicing would be
more universal, though.

Regards,

Marc
Any recommendations?