Re: guitarist: how write chord names like Gadd5

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: guitarist: how write chord names like Gadd5
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:40:54 -0500

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 09:13:44 Jürgen Ibelgaufts wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write down guitar chords and frets with extra voicings, say
> a G chord with an extra Fifth on the B string, 3rd fret, or Em chord
> with an extra G on the treble e string.

The whole idea of chord names is that one "G" is the same as
another. A few extensions have come in over the years, the most
important being the slash bass.

Either populate your score with diagrams or tab or write out what
you want. There is no need to mess with the regular chord names.
You will find that useless innovations which are doomed to
obsolescence are not appreciated, and even less appreciated if
they require explanation. Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.