RE: horizontal beams

From: ljc
Subject: RE: horizontal beams
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 08:57:02 -0200

I don't know how the code works, but as someone who browses the LSR I would just say that there is only one tweak needed, but you are implying there are cases when you need more than one tweak.

i'm not implying, i'm saying it quite explicitly. and i sent a complete example demonstrating it: the tweak \override Beam #'damping = #+inf.0 fails in certain cases, although i haven't been able to find any logic as to when.

i'm also saying is that adding the two overrides suggested by dmytro hasn't failed so far.

finally, what i'm trying to say as clearly as possible, is that since this tweak is shown in snippets both in the LSR and the NR, i think the documentation should be updated somehow, perhaps with a warning that it may fail and that extra tweaks might be necessary.

what i really think is that this tweak looks more like a buggy hack.