Re: Using lyrics in a markup

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Using lyrics in a markup
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:38:50 +0100

Hello scheme-gurus,
nr. 744 is bookmarked ;-)

There's one more thing. I tried the verse-command and it works nicely, but it will wrap lines:
say you have a stanza like this
--snip--
strI = \lyricmode
{
  \set stanza = "1."
  Toch -- ter Zi -- on, freu -- e dich,
  jauch -- ze laut, Je -- ru -- sa -- lem.
  Sieh, __ dein Kö -- nig kommt zu dir,
  ja, __ er kommt, der Frie -- de -- fürst.
  Toch -- ter Zi -- on, freu -- e dich,
  jauch -- ze laut, Je -- ru -- sa -- lem.
}

\markup \column{ \wordwrap { \verse #strI } }
\markuplines \justified-lines { \verse #strI }
--snip--
it will not wrap lines but cross the page margin. Do have an idea how to deal with that?

Best regards,
Jan-Peter

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=744

Great... I managed to create a \markup macro in order to make it
easier to use. I chose the name \verse for the macro because I thought
it would be nice with a short name if you're going to type it multiple
times, e.g. to handle line breaks, like the example.

Cheers, Jakob.