RE: Suppress chord names from MIDI output

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Suppress chord names from MIDI output
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:22:24 +0000

Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Brett McCoy
Sent: 18 January 2011 18:00
To: lilypond-user
Subject: Suppress chord names from MIDI output

Is there a way to suppress MIDI output for \ChordName context? When I create a
staff with other parts and have chord names at the top, the output always has a
piano playing those chords and it's interfering with the rest of the piece,
plus I don't need the extra track when I import the MIDI into a sequencer (and
it uses up a MIDI track). How do I prevent this from being in the MIDI output?

--

[James Lowe]

See http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=438

Click on the snippet to get the .ly output

This should give you some clues and show you how to remove the midi for that
context.

James