Re: Parallel installation of different Lilypond version

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: Parallel installation of different Lilypond version
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:03:54 +0100

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:28:44 +0100, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have installed several versions of Liylpond in parallel. That's useful if you migrate to a newer version to use it's features. But I can't modify all sources at once. That's why I need to install the current version while keeping the old.

When I try to install lilypond-2.13.46-1.mingw.exe it requests me to uninstall the old version. How can I circumvent this?

Best Regards,
Helge

I don't know if it's the best method, but in Windows I simply rename the old lilypond directory to e.g "C:\Program Files\Lilypond_2.12 and install the new
one to C:\Program Files\Lilypond.

when I want to use 2.12, I rename the new directory to \Lilypond_2.13 and the old to \Lilypond, i.e, the "active" installation is always C:\Program Files\Lilypond
and the "inactive" ones are renamed.

It's a bit hairy, but it does the trick for me...

greetings,

Vicente