Re: ottava bassa

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: ottava bassa
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:34:43 -0500

This will produce the desire output minus the stems, which for some
reason do not work correctly. you can remove the stem transparency but
it gives the two chords in the bass as stemmed together instead of up
and down. So it appears there must be another oddity with the Ottava
function. I still have not really solved the whole shifting of the
Ottava symbol. problem either. one notes that it shifts left
automatically when in suboctave mode but right when in superoctave.

\version "2.13.0"
rightOne = \relative c'' {
 <d a' es'>1~ <<{\hideNotes \once\override NoteColumn #'force-hshift
= #-0.2 <d a' es'>4 }\\{<d a' e'>4}>>
}

rightTwo = \relative c'' {

}

leftOne = \relative c' {
 <fis, cis' g'>1~<<{\hideNotes \once\override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #-0.7
 <fis cis' g'>4}\\{  <f, c' g'>4}>>
}

leftTwo = \relative c' {
  s2.\ottava #-1 <bes,,, bes'>4~ \once \override Stem #'transparent =
##t <bes bes'>4
}

\score {
 \new PianoStaff \with {
   instrumentName = "Piano"
 } <<
   \new Staff = "right" \with {
     midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
   } << \rightOne \\ \rightTwo >>
   \new Staff = "left" \with {
     midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
   } { \clef bass << \leftOne \\ \leftTwo >> }