Re: Fixed font size.

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: Fixed font size.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:15:05 -0000

Hi Kieren,

From: "Kieren MacMillan"

Hi Phil,

Is there a way to define a font size that is fixed and does not scale according to the global-staff-size?

I didn't see anyone else answer this, so I'm jumping in.
Look for \abs-fontsize in the documentation.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.=

I had been using \abs-fontsize but I was getting strange results when changing global-staff-size. The problem seems to be another....the headers in the second book have the same font size but spacing has gone sqiff. Using layout-set-staff-size in layout block has documented problem of staff lines, and using layout-set-staff-size in the \paper block has the same problem as the following minimal example. If I use \fontsize instead in the header block, headers scale correctly. But what I want are fixed sized headers.

\version "2.13.17"

\header {
 title = \markup { \abs-fontsize #18 "Title" }
 composer = \markup { \abs-fontsize #11 "Composer" }
 meter = \markup { \abs-fontsize #11 "Meter" }
}

theNotes = \relative c {
\clef "treble_8"
\key c \major