Re: beaming in 2.13

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: beaming in 2.13
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 00:21:15 +0100

On 9 January 2011 00:04, Peter Van Kranenburg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm typesetting a piece in 4/4, and I want the eight notes beamed in groups
> of two instead of four. So, according to the notation manual, at the very
> beginning of my score, I say:
>
> \set Score.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
> \set Score.beatStructure = #'(2 2 2 2)
>
> This code is accepted by Lilypond, but the eights are still beamed in groups
> of four. What am I doing wrong?

You need to clear beamExceptions also.

  \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

  Most automatic beaming settings for a time signature contain an entry
  for beamExceptions. For example, 4/4 time tries to beam the measure in
  two if there are only eighth notes. The beamExceptions rule can
  override the beatStructure setting if beamExceptions is not reset.

This has been added to the doc by Carl very recently.
Did you have a look at latest version of the doc?
NR 1.2.4 Beams > Setting automatic beam behavior
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/beams.html

Cheers,
Xavier

--