Re: Solfege Resources -- 404 bach chorales in Lilypond format with Movab

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Solfege Resources -- 404 bach chorales in Lilypond format with Movable Do solfege.
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:21:26 +0100

Just a minor remark:

At least in German laws, there can't be a copyright on mere "industrial art" like typesetting or music engraving, independent from the effort. (I.e. "Sweat of the brow" from UK and Canadian jurisdiction isn't valid in Germany.) That means, there is no copyright on the layout of music, even if some publishers claim to own it.

Additionally, there is a (very low) "threshold of originality" for a (new) copyright, i.e. just errors don't cause a new copyright on an edition. (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schöpfungshöhe) But this originality is always controversial.

I'm not a lawyer, and I can't speak for other legislations, of course. Laws of Austria and Switzerland are very similar to Germany's.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm