ANN: Solfege Resources -- 404 bach chorales in Lilypond format with Mova

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: ANN: Solfege Resources -- 404 bach chorales in Lilypond format with Movable Do solfege.
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:02:35 -0500

I've just committed a first version of LilyPond sources for 404 Bach
chorales at  https://solfege-resources.googlecode.com.

The voice notation is extracted from Margaret Greentree's musicXML
files of the chorales at jsbchorales.net.  Each file creates PDF and
midi for the full score (typically SATB but some files also have
instrument voices) and each individual voice.  The LilyPond NoteNames
engraver is used to generate the solfege symbols as lyrics.  The files
are intended for non-commercial use and are licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution + NonCommercial + ShareAlike license.

The layouts are somewhat sparse as these files are intended for
educational use.  There is a single include file, "common.ly" that can
be modified to change the layout, etc.  I've attached an example file
to this message.

I don't yet have a zipped package of all files, but you can get them
by cloning from the repository if you have Mercurial installed.

>$ hg clone https://solfege-resources.googlecode.com/hg/ solfege-resources

I have not yet processed and inspected all the files, so you may find
problems.  Two files are already known to have problems that appear to
be caused by multi-measure rests in instrumental parts. I've submitted
an issue in the repository.

I'd welcome anyone who wants to collaborate.

Enjoy!

Happy New Year,
Mike

Cheers,