Re: status of new vertical spacing in 2.13.44

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: status of new vertical spacing in 2.13.44
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:23:31 +0100

On 28 December 2010 21:01, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> I actually want to increase the spacing between the second lyric and the
> next staff.  I didn't see where 4.4.1 covered that or where what I want is
> documented.

Then I think you may consider spacing between 2 systems.

\paper {
  system-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 16)
       (minimum-distance . 10)
       (padding . 1)
       (stretchability . 60))
}

In your case one system is composed of one staff and two lyrics.
Spacing between second lyric and next staff _is_ the spacing between
2 systems.

See NR 4.1.4 Flexible vertical spacing \paper variables
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables.html

Cheers,
Xavier

--